Technical Solutions Engineer - Electric utility
The selected candidate will work closely to assist Account Directors, Value Added Resellers and Partners along with utility customers to grow and promote the growth of Sentient Energy. The Technical Solution Engineer is responsible for Value-Added Solution selling. The TSE will focus on expanding the company’s business with current and emerging technologies within the Grid Modernization objectives for Utilities. Specific functions include
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assist Account Directors, Value Added Resellers and Partners with pre-sales activities, as the technical SME
- Coordinate with Account Directors, Value Added Resellers and Partners to support customer needs for proposals / presentations and participate in bid meetings and walk-through meetings with the customer as necessary.
- Coordinate with Account Directors, Value Added Resellers and Partners to support customer relationship building and establish a trusted advisor model for customer success
- Lead & Support top level solution architectures conversations and guide customers on desirable solutions to meet the customer business needs
- Strategically position Sentient Energy’s value proposition with ROI models that support Customer Use Cases for Grid Modernization objectives
- Identify the technical needs of our targeted customers, support discovery calls and propose solutions as appropriate
- Strong interface with the marketing / commercialization / product organization to develop high-value solutions and assist with creating specific NPI requirements which leverages / expands Sentient Energy’s solution portfolio.
- Work with Product Management to provide inputs on technical requirements based on customer conversations
- Work with Account Directors, Value Added Resellers and Partners to help coordinate pre-sales considerations and architecture solutions which support Customer business objectives.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with Partners and Customer(s) to drive product solution adoption and continued value of products and services .
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working in the Utility Industry or with Utility Metering is preferred
- Seven or more years of technical experience in Electric Utilities industry is preferred
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least five years of technical experience within the Electric Utilities industry
- Technical understanding of overall electric operations systems, including electric power systems, distribution automation, and distributed control systems and communications
- Bachelor of Science or work experience equivalent in technical field, computer science, program management or a closely related technical field or at least seven years of technical experience within the Electric Utilities industry
- Demonstrable experience success metrics and use case management for utility value proposition
- Experience supporting sales activities and account management including customer communications internally and externally
- Understanding of all engineering discipline requirements for power systems in general.
- Willing and ability to travel a minimum of 50% to world-wide corporate locations and customer offices outside of North America
“Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace” .