Mold Design Supervisor
Supervise mold design team with primary focus of developing and high-quality molds which are cost effective to manufacture and maintain in long-term production. Primary responsibilities are the leadership and management of CAD mold designers and TIS mold design standards. Provides supervision and strong leadership to accomplish complex CAD mold designs, associate product definition and integration tasks for products, on time within budget while minimizing scope risk and sharing NX design knowledge globally.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Directs and Manages the Mold Design Group to provide mold designs per agreed upon specifications, delivery dates, cost and performance targets for the department that supports a Zero-Defect mentality.
- Manage, review and evaluate individual performance objectives and activities of team members by providing appropriate advice, training, and guidance. Train employees on how to develop advanced skills, as well as coordinate cross-training with other departments to maximize capabilities.
- Support department manager in developing and improving department methods and procedures.
- Participate in department recruitment and selection activities
- Develops NX system enhancements, tools and training as needed to reduce design costs while also reinforcing design best practices and standardization.
- Provides employee mentoring and career development opportunities to increase versatile system and mold design capability.
- Manages mold design project schedule/resourcing across all product development projects.
- Develops and utilizes supplemental outside NX design resources. Reviews all outside designs for compliance to Molex TIS global standards and best practices.
- Participates on project teams to support application development and customization. Assists in defining application requirements and specifications. Communicates needs and requests received from end users.
- Works with software developers to ensure successful continuous improvement in both the quality and quantity of the mold design department output YOY.
- Reviews new molds placed into production quarterly with operations for continuous improvement. Leads necessary improvements through mold design enhancements and lessons learned.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering - Bachelor in PL. E.T. (Plastics Engineering Technology) preferred
- 10 years of experience in designing mold tooling, and construction processes.
- Must have strong NX and Teamcenter experience
- Exemplify the MBM® Guiding Principles.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Ability to travel as necessary to suppliers, or other Molex locations, including international sites.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous supervisory experience
- Diverse NX mold design skills (injection molding, materials, manufacturing, quality, product design).
- NX Mold Wizard use and configuration (version 8.5 or higher)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf