Product Development Engineer
Georgia-Pacific is searching for a Product Development Engineer at the Georgia-Pacific Innovation Institute® located in Neenah, WI. This position will support the Dixie Business with developing new/ improved products and implementing improvements to the product production process.
Neenah is located in the heart of Northeast Wisconsin (also known as the Fox Valley) and is within driving distance to popular metro locations including Milwaukee, WI, Chicago, IL, Madison, WI and Green Bay, WI. The Fox Valley offers year-round recreation and attractions including 19 ski resorts within 100 miles, excellent shopping, and diversity in restaurants, music and nightlife. For families and nature lovers, the Fox Valley boasts a wealth of parks & wildlife refuges, excellent school districts, and other family-based activities. The area also has attractions such as the Fox Valley Performing Arts Center in Appleton, EAA in Oshkosh, along with great fishing and boating on local lakes, rivers and within driving distance to Lake Michigan. If you are sports fan, Lambeau field and Miller Park are within a short driving distance. Living in the Fox Valley provides the diversity and amenities of a larger city with a strong sense of community. We welcome you to explore what the Fox Valley could offer you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design, develop and commercialize innovative new / improved products for Dixie Business
- Develop and implement improvements to the product production (converting) process
- Oversee the development of new product prototypes
- Support the commercialization of new products in manufacturing
- Create business opportunities by understanding consumer needs and developing innovative product solutions to meet them
- Travel up to 20%
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Five or more years of experience in product development, manufacturing or design
- Experience using 3D design software
- Knowledge of FEA product modeling and rapid prototyping
- Experience delivering commercially viable solutions to business teams
- Experience working with mechanical equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience developing new products
- Tool design experience
- Experience directing the work of project team members / technicians
- Experience managing relationships with outside vendors (design / manufacture / materials)
- Experience using consumer studies to direct product development
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf