Senior Cloud Engineer (i360)
i360, where The Data is the Difference, is the leading data and technology provider for those advancing a free and prosperous society through campaigns, nonprofits, and advocacy communities. i360 is a dynamic workplace sitting at the intersection of public policy, technology, and business, and is seeking team members who are as excited about the cause as they are about building the next generation of political technology.
i360 is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to help with the planning and engineering of our systems infrastructure. Working with our Data Operations and Product Development teams, you will build tools and scripts to monitor, troubleshoot, automate, and deploy our systems.
Success in this role requires a passion for helping others and making their lives better; you do this by simplifying complex systems to make them understandable and operable. You can effectively communicate decisions, ideas, designs, and operation of systems and services in a clear and concise manner. Together with the team, you will be directly responsible for solutions for the platform in these key areas: availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, security, emergency response, and capacity planning. You are both a generalist, capable of picking up and working with multiple, disparate systems, and an expert, having an ability to dive deep into specific topics and quickly master them. You comfortably move between system, service, and instance level views. Bring your ingenious mind, great team spirit and excellent communication skills to this great opportunity at i360!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build and maintain services, automation, and tools that will positively impact key areas (see above)
- Drive improvement by measuring and reducing the amount of manual operational work
- Help us improve reliability and performance across the product line by working with product owners and engineering teams
- Work with engineering teams to help them reach their goals as a subject matter expert on operating software and systems at scale
- Investigate system performance, errors, and problems
- Work with Systems Administration Tools for monitoring, backups, and security
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a specialized team
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or 6+ years of equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering experience, with an ability to work on multiple operating systems
- 5+ years’ experience with Distributed Systems and operating them as they scale including a strong networking background in DNS, DHCP, Routing, and Security
- 5+ years’ experience operating services running in the cloud (AWS primarily) or virtualized API-driven platforms
What Will Put You Ahead
- Familiarity with Dev Ops Tools and Pipeline
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Experience in Database technology to include Postgres and MSSQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch
- AWS certification
- Networking experience
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Powershell, Python, or Bash
- Familiarity with CM tools like Ansible
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf