Embedded Software Developer
At Molex, we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. The mission of the Industrial Automation group at Molex is to drive and support the evolving needs of our global customers and partners in the (r)evolution of technology and platforms to support Industry 4.0. Our products and platform support customers in diverse market sectors, including robotics, plant automation and process control.
As a member of the application and support team, you will be responsible for creating new solutions for our customers in using modular, re-usable, highly performant components that target our innovative run-time environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of embedded development in C language and a solid understanding of both Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and bare-metal firmware design, development and deployment principles and best practices.
You will also be responsible for supporting our customers in their integration process of our technologies/solutions and will be exposed to technologies such as safe and standard industrial communication solutions, TSN, OPC UA, Logic and Control among many other tailored made for the Industry 4.0 market.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Developing embedded applications for the Industrial Automation 4.0 platform.
- Work closely with system architects and tech leads to ensure services conform to target architecture
- Actively advising and providing after-sale technical support to customers in their integration process of our technologies/solutions.
- Participating in development of Proof of Concepts and Demos for shows or other events
The Experience You Will Bring
- Programming experience in C/C++ (with a strong personal preference for C)
- Experience with RTOS process/task design and a solid understanding of scheduling, resource sharing and hardware interfacing concepts
- Hands-on experience with one of: QNX, VxWorks, Windows Embedded/IoT or RTLinux
- Experience with bare-metal deployments, preferably on ARM architectures
- Please note that Intensive Internal training courses will be provided on technologies if needed.
- Please note that this position may require infrequent travel that could be anywhere globally.