The Wilmington, NC site currently has an HT Material Handler opening in the Operations area. This position is an entry level position and reports to the Operations Supervisor. The successful candidate will work a Monday-Friday schedule (8 hours per day with some overtime), but must be able to adjust work schedule as needed to meet business needs which could include a 12-hour rotating shift schedule in the future with advancement opportunity to Field Operator in the Terate® Production Area.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for the safe and compliant operation of the train movement and Receiving functions for the site, including:
- Safely operate rail moving equipment, railcars, and other job-related equipment anywhere on-site including tenant sites serviced by INVISTA.
- Participate in Safe Work Practices, live permit audits and area inspections.
- Prepare equipment for routine Maintenance work.
- Report spills, releases and all environmental observations to supervision and document actions taken
- Complete all EH&S training requirements.
- Unload designated raw materials (such as diethylene glycol) per SOP.
- Safely operate plant vehicle to deliver packages on site.
- Prioritize multiple tasks, quickly adapt to change, and be resourceful in problem solving on a routine basis
- Ensure proper understanding, and execution of work processes, fully engage in the process, and use it as the only method to get work done.
- Read and properly apply procedures and perform quality checks / inspections as outlined; take corrective actions per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Communicate closely with supervision and Blender/Loaders to ensure railcars are received, loaded and/or shipped on time.
- Input data into SAP and conduct transactions flawlessly to ensure shipping and receiving documentation remains accurate and inventories are accurate.
- Effectively communicate with various support resources in a productive manner
- Troubleshoot problems and maintain material handling processes within the specified parameters with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate willingness to expand knowledge and skills to include cross-training, certification in different operating areas, and mentor others to increase their skills.
- Issue safe work permits per EHS certification level.
- Maintain proper housekeeping standards in the warehouse, Receiving Area, locomotive, and plant vehicles using proper storage in work area (safe, clean, leak-free, hazard-free and secure)
- Proactively search for ways to improve plant performance.
- Working in a team environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years previous manufacturing or industrial related experience
- Previous forklift experience
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Word (documentation creation), and Outlook
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions for various periods of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders in Tank Farm an Operating Unit.
- Must be willing to work periodic workdays that will exceed their normal 8-hour day
- Able to provide on-call support when needed (including weekends / Holidays)
- Ability to work overtime as necessary to meet business needs.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting (50 lbs.), walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing personal protective equipment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience troubleshooting and applying mechanical skills in a manufacturing setting
- Forklift certified or track mobile licensed
- Chemical material handling experience
- Previous experience moving and spotting railcars.
- SAP experience.
- Microsoft Excel (creating spreadsheets) and Power-point (creating presentation slides) experience
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf