Saw Filer – Prosperity, SC
Are you a self-motivated, driven individual with maintenance experience in an industrial or military environment? Then we have the job you are looking for! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Saw Filer in Prosperity, SC. This position is an experienced skilled crafts role that creates value by performing a variety of maintenance duties, ensuring maximum facility up-time to meet production goals.
Saw Filers need to be able to work any shift; including on-call, holiday, weekend and overtime hours as needed.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Preparing saw for proper level, tension, and sharpness
- Preparing saw teeth and replacing broken or missing teeth
- Performing inspections and recording any problems with bandmills, edgers, or chippers/slabbers in logbooks
- Checking lumber surface finish
- Cleaning bandmill tensioning devices
- Maintaining all tools and equipment
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment; e.g. safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Performing tasks including lifting (up to 50 lbs), walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Using a computer without assistance to complete assigned tasks
- Reading and comprehending written instructions as required to complete assigned tasks
- At least six (6) months of manufacturing work experience
- Six (6) months or more of work experience in a sawmill
- At least three (3) months work experience as a Saw Filer or Saw Filer Trainee
- Six (6) months or more of work experience in a farming, carpentry, construction, or military environment
- One (1) year or more of experience working in the lumber or timber industry
The Experience You Will Bring
What Will Put You Ahead
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf