Purification Operator – Memphis, Tn
Are you committed to safety? Do you enjoy working in a team environment? If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect role for you! Georgia-Pacific is looking for career-minded individuals to join our Cellulose production team as a Bleach Plant Operator in Memphis, Tn. This entry-level production position creates value by working in a general labor capacity alongside the other operators to meet and exceed production goals. New employees that have a strong focus on safety, and who demonstrate initiative and a sense of urgency will find fulfillment as an integral part of a successful team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learning multiple operator functions to operate equipment to expected performance levels
- Making sure machines are set up properly, performing optimally, and troubleshooting and adjusting as needed
- Working as a team member to help meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals
- Performing basic asset care duties and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Cleaning the work area throughout shift to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Working an eight (8) or twelve (12) hour shift that includes weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Working with hand tools such as wire/band cutters, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED What Will Put You Ahead
What will put you ahead:
- Two (2) years or more of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience as a material handler/ forklift operator
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf