Corporate Quality Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
SRG Global, a Guardian company, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high value coatings on plastic for the automotive, commercial truck industries with a manufacturing presence in major world regions including North America, Western and Central Europe and Asia. SRG Global is headquartered near Detroit, Michigan. Through its Advanced Development Centers in Taylor MI, USA; Líria, Spain; and Suzhou, China, SRG Global works to enhance manufacturing processes and accelerates development and delivery of the next generation of materials, coating technologies and sub-systems. SRG Global engineers solutions globally for greater surface durability, structural integrity, enhanced functionality, vehicle efficiency and optimal design flexibility. The result is the development of innovative exterior and interior products and processes that create value for our customers and consumers and create a positive impact in our environment and society. Beyond the finish™.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Corporate Quality Manager supports SRG Global plants to meet customer performance requirements, internal quality targets, and drive continuous improvement. This position will be a key interface between the plant and the customer. The Corporate Quality Manager will be a resource to the plants to escalate key issues to SRG Global leadership.
The Corporate Quality Manager will support reviews required by the customer to report out on plant performance and drive corrective actions based on metrics not meeting customer requirements and/or targets. This position will be key in driving problem solving on key issues and driving correct problem-solving methodology.
This position will be responsible to support the improvement of COQ metrics- scrap, sorting, liaison costs, and warranty costs. The Corporate Quality Manager will apply problem solving and project management skills in reducing COQ metrics. The Corporate Quality Manager will work to incorporate best practices in the plants, standardization of systems, and deploy read across of lessons learned in plants.
The Corporate Quality Manager will also plan customer KPI reviews with the plants to drive improvement in SRG Global performance to customer targets.
The Corporate Quality Manager will work to improve the systemic gaps/issues identified in LPA audits, IATF 3rd Party audits, and Para audits that will drive PDCA activity to prevent future recurrences.
The position requires 30-50% travel to SRG Global registered locations in Europe and Asia.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Detailed working knowledge of the AIAG core tools (MSA, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, CP, AQP).
- A BS and/or a functional knowledge of basic manufacturing techniques, processes, and concepts preferred.
- This position requires 3-5 years of related experience.
- Well-developed root cause analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Candidates must demonstrate solid skills in communication, interpersonal relations, and ability to inspire individuals to improve performance
- Advanced Quality Planning including familiarity with the AIAG Advanced Quality Planning and Control Plan standard, FMEA’s, PPAPs, Dimensional layouts, gage/fixture design, and material testing.
- Statistical concepts including design of experiments, gage R&R, and proper application statistical process controls.
- Automotive manufacturing Quality system experience and registrar communication activities.
- Professional ASQ Certification as a Quality Engineer is desirable.
- Familiarity with ISO 14001 EMS requirements.
- Language – fluent in English and Spanish required, and conversant in Polish desired
This job posting is no longer active.