Production Supervisor - Lumber
Georgia-Pacific is now hiring for a Production Supervisor at our lumber mill in Pineland, Texas. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for leading a wood products production team to work injury and incident-free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with our Market-Based Management philosophy and framework.
At Georgia-Pacific, we are innovative, we manufacture products that make people’s lives easier, and we provide careers, not just jobs for our employees. We foster a culture that values integrity and compliance more than anything else and we encourage our employees to challenge the status quo. If you are interested in joining our team, you can learn more about our Building Products division at www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supervise/coordinate production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance, Reliability, Quality, Production, and Costs
- Facilitate team development and communication, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, and building employee commitment and ownership
- Hold employees accountable, and drive cultural change in which employees understand empowerment and accept responsibilities
- Take ownership of the existing safety and quality processes
- Promote employee involvement and provide coaching, feedback, and direction
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Provide safety training to production associates and deliver training materials with a meaningful approach
- Complete all paperwork and analysis in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitor product quality and contribute to the overall direction and success of the operations at our Pineland, TX mill
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience (or GP facility specific experience) in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience in coaching, training, and developing staff
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, and other PC-based production and operations applications
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible work schedule, including rotating shifts
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be capable of working safely and continuously promoting safe work practices
- Must be able and willing to work in a tobacco-free environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate's Degree or higher
- Five (5) or more year of supervisory or management experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Prior experience in a lumber mill
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf