Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to provide leadership and presence at our Dubuque, IA facility. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the EH&S Manager provides leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to EH&S.
In this role, EH&S Managers ensure systems to effectively address facility EHS risk profiles. The role balances Safety and Environmental with a 70% focus on safety and a 30% focus on environmental aspects and accountability.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership and direction to achieve the EHS vision through management commitment and employee ownership
- Developing and aligning facility EHS programs and strategies according to the business/enterprise EHS plan
- Facilitating EHS ownership by the line organization
- Ensuring the EHS vision is developed and integrated in facilities
- CSO (Compliance Standard Owner) Lead for the plant
- Fostering an environment where employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding EHS
- Ensuring incentive metrics are performance based
- Facilitating EHS ownership by the line organization through integration of the EHS Management System
- Ensuring EHS system elements are integrated into the line organization’s responsibilities and expectations
- Leading the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards
- Increasing critical hazard awareness thereby reducing the likelihood of at-risk behaviors
- Ensuring an effective change management process is in place
- Partnering with facility leadership to develop short and long-term EHS objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks
- Ensuring the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs utilizing qualified instructors
- Conducting routine management reviews and adjusting plans as necessary
- Utilizing development plans to grow the teams’ EHS skills and knowledge
- Fostering an EHS environment of collaboration and active participation with all employees
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Environmental, or technical field, and/or five (5) or more years’ equivalent EHS experience
- At least 3 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting
What Will Put You Ahead
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or demonstrated progress to attain CSP
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience with environmental regulations
- Experience with writing and reviewing machine SOP’s, safety permits and other written safety procedures
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf