Strapper/Painter Operator – Hosford, FL
Georgia-Pacific is hiring a Strapper/Painter Operator to join the team at our OSB facility in Hosford, FL. As a Strapper Operator you are also responsible for using small tools to ensure the strapper area is free of wood debris and visually inspect equipment in the strapper area for any issues. Successful employees will have opportunities to advance into new positions as they become available. Georgia-Pacific employees are self-motivated and have a commitment to attendance excellence and punctuality. If this role interests you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Georgia-Pacific in Hosford, FL manufactures OSB structural panels of compressed wood used in housing construction and remodeling. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. The Hosford facility is located about 27 miles west of Tallahassee, the Capitol of Florida, and a short 30-minute drive to beautiful gulf coast beaches! Looking for nearby outdoor activities? Hosford is close to Lake Talquin Reservoir, the land of fishing, hunting and water sports- located on the Ochlocknee River between Leon County and Gadsden County! This position offers opportunities for advancement as new skills are acquired and as openings occur! To learn more about our Building Products division, visitwww.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for product quality and appearance
- Operate painting and strapping equipment to package units of OSB
- Keep area safe and clean
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of six (6) months of work experience in an industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, farming, carpentry, construction, landscaping, production, or military environment
- Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting to 50lbs, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Ability to obtain a mobile equipment license and operate mobile equipment
- Must be able to communicate efficiently both oral and written
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to work 12 hour rotating shift, variable start times, including overtime, weekends, and holidays (as scheduled)
- Must be willing to wear safety equipment such as safety glasses, hard hats, hearing protection, safety shoes, etc.
- Basic computer entry skills required
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with paint booth and strapping equipment
- At least 2 years of industrial/manufacturing experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf