Field Service Representative
Eco - Tec is currently looking for a Field Services Representative at their Pickering, ON location. In this role, you will be responsible for the supervision of system commissioning, training clients on operation of equipment, troubleshooting any problems and providing on-going customer support.
The Field Services Representative is also responsible for providing supervision and instruction to Production Technicians.
As a world-class manufacturer of innovative process equipment for water treatment and chemicals purification and recovery, Eco-Tec is a trusted source for systems incorporating advanced proprietary ion exchange and other innovative separations technologies for liquids and gases. Eco-Tec is delivering value to its customers by reducing environmental footprint, stabilizing product quality, increasing productivity, and reducing operational costs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supervise commissioning of the equipment in the customer's plant.
- Train customers on the use and maintenance of the equipment.
- Test and demonstrate chemical and physical performance of equipment.
- Provide telephone support to customers after commissioning.
- Prepare internal commissioning reports and commissioning letters to the customer.
- Provide trouble shooting for mechanical, electrical and process problems both over the phone and at the customer's plant.Document more serious problems and forward to appropriate departments for review/resolution.
- Check equipment manuals and installation instructions.
- Supervise in-house testing of equipment.
- Attend 1st and 2nd Project meetings to review the equipment design as per ISO 9001 procedures.
- Set up and conduct 3rd, 4th, and 5th Project meetings following equipment testing, prior to commissioning, and following commissioning.
- Create procedures for the commissioning of systems as required.
- Assist customers with installation of the equipment (telephone support)
- Be on call (as per details of the Eco-Serv program), which involves wearing a cell phone and being within the cell phone range.
- Complete the Field Service Call Report Form when onsite at customer sites as per ISO 9001 procedures.
- Complete the Field Service Daily Events Report when onsite at customer sites as per ISO 9001 procedures.
- Record and resolve Customer complaint or non-conformance where possible as per ISO 9001 procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the company’s Workplace H&S rules, Policies and procedures at all times.
- Attend training programs necessary to maintain/upgrade skills.
- Perform other related duties as required by manager.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical Engineering or Technologist Diploma
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Own a vehicle
- Valid and current government issued driver’s license
- Eligible to obtain a passport/Visa
- Able to travel up to 75%
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5 + years of hands-on experience related to the industry