Human Resources Specialist
At Koch, we're working to bring value to society in a transformative way. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, entrepreneurial, and driven individuals. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources Capability as a Human Resources Specialist. The Human Resources Specialist provides hands on support to our employees, leaders, and HR team members. The role is critical in executing our talent initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR operational excellence and process improvement.
- Do you like to help people reach their full potential? Talent Management is a core capability at Koch focused on selecting, developing, rewarding and retaining top talent. Partner with others to help ensure our processes around talent remain top notch, which may include: 1) managing programs to ensure maximum reach and impact, and/or 2) assisting with quarterly and annual talent planning processes, systems, and tools.
- Do you intuitively see an opportunity to make something better? Transformation and process improvement is an expectation. Finding ways to use technology to streamline processes while ensuring they are effective, secure, compliant and reliable.
- Can you tell when something seems off? Be a point of contact for employee concerns; transfer knowledge and answer questions. Ensure you use the right judgement to escalate, while ensuring we remain connected to the person and the issue. Partner with internal counterparties, Leaders, HR Business Partners to appropriately address concerns, helping to ensure we drive to the right resolution.
- Can you tell a story with data? Pull data from varying systems/sources, consolidate, and produce a talent dashboard so that talent trends can be identified, discussed, and plans of actions can be formed. Data such as existing headcount, organizational structure, new hires, turnover, open roles and other people data. General governance and stewardship is required so that data and structure remains accurate and consistent.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Time and Attendance: Own submitting bi-weekly non-exempt time for payroll processing for US locations. Requires understanding company pay policies, training others regarding policies, system and application, answering questions about system / pay, ensuring managers approve and sign-off timecards, executing projects associated with Time and Attendance, entering in new hires, ensuring employees are assigned the correct schedule and profiles and providing reports regarding hours worked.
- Leave Management: Own being the point of contact for US Leave of Absence (FMLA and NON-FMLA).Liaise with the internal Leave of Absence Capability on employee cases, return to work and accommodations. Ensure HR Business Partners, leaders and employees understand Leave process, expectations, and responsibilities.
- Various US Compliance Processes: Ownership for miscellaneous compliance responsibilities, such as annual Motor Vehicle and Company Vehicle Reporting, Record Information Management, CFATS reporting and Random Drug Testing.
- Customer Focus: Support employees and leaders with routine, day-to-day HR questions, needs, and inquiries, providing world-class service and ensuring you guide our employees to the right resources to ensure a quality and timely solution.(Time, Pay, Benefits, Accommodations, Leave of Absence, Transactions, etc.)
- Systems and Technology: Own learning and enhancing various HR systems such as; myHR GHR, Talent Management Tool and Tableau metrics. Build, maintain and streamline existing processes using technology such as Alteryx, Microsoft Flow, Microsoft Forms and Excel. Impact on onboarding employees, exit interview process, Management of Change process, Performance Pay and other compensation, contingent workforce and many other HR related processes.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Role model and demonstrate the company's core value
- Must be analytical and have problem solving skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to exercise discretion and maintain confidentially.
- Operates effectively, holds self accountable to meet commitments, able to shift and balance competing priorities, and detail oriented.
- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others; leverage partnerships to ensure that HR services do not negatively impact employee experience.
- Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer centric solutions.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with goals.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Experience with a HRIS or similar database; (i.e., Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience with Time and Attendance
- Experience with Leave Management
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Teams
What Will Put You Ahead
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in human resources; prior internship also acceptable experience.
- Experience with Alteryx, Microsoft Flow and Microsoft Forms
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf