Maintenance Millwright (PLYWOOD) – Dudley, NC
Are you a self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven individual? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright in Dudley, NC. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. Maintenance Millwrights may be required work any shift, on-call hours, holiday, weekend, and overtime hours.
The Dudley, NC facility is one of Georgia-Pacific’s largest Building Products facilities. It manufactures Plytanium® Plywood, AC and BC, Sidings and Sturd-I-Floor® Plytanium® Plywood which is used in sheathing, roof decking, sub flooring and other specialty applications. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com/plywood-osb
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Performing periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail
- Maintaining operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment while performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours a day
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least two (2) years of industrial mechanical maintenance experience within an industrial, military or manufacturing environment
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, bearings, chains, and sprockets, rigging, belts, reading hydraulic schematics and blueprints, precision measurement, and precision alignment of motors and couplings
- Experience with fabrication, cutting with a torch, and welding with arc welder
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Three (3) or more years of industrial mechanical maintenance experience within an industrial, military or manufacturing environment
- One (1) year or more of electrical experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf