Boiler Operator (PLYWOOD)
Would you like a career where your daily contributions truly make a difference? Would you like to be rewarded for giving that extra bit of effort? If you answered "yes" to the above, then you could be the candidate we are looking for! We are looking to fill a Boiler Operator for our Dudley, NC Plywood location.
Georgia-Pacific is currently recruiting new members for its boiler operations at its plywood mill located in Dudley, NC. Our boiler operators are not only key members of the boiler team but are crucial contributors to the entire facility. We are actively seeking candidates who would like to join our growing team of dynamic individuals to operate our boiler equipment and keep this 24/7 facility up and running safely and efficiently. On-the-job training to advance your current boiler knowledge is available, along with the potential to learn various boiler maintenance skills and the operation of heavy equipment.Boiler Operators work 12 hour rotating shifts that include weekends, nights, and holidays.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Operate steam boiler equipment within the established guidelines
- Monitor boiler instrumentation and operating equipment and make necessary corrections to ensure compliance and safe operating conditions
- Assist with minor repairs and annual inspections
- Operate boiler systems in accordance with environmental permit standards to ensure continuous compliance
- Respond to environmental issues in a timely and responsible manner
- Perform work that requires climbing to and working in elevated areas while in a confined space
- Demonstrate safe work practices and attitude to include but not limited to:
- Obtain all safe work permit requirements
- Prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working with biomass boilers in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with steam systems, condensate collection systems, and fire protection systems
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf