Strapper/Painter Operator – Hosford, FL
Georgia-Pacific is hiring a Strapper/Painter Operator to join the team at our OSB facility in Fordyce, AR. As a Strapper Operator you are also responsible for using small tools to ensure the strapper area is free of wood debris and visually inspect equipment in the strapper area for any issues. Successful employees will have opportunities to advance into new positions as they become available. Georgia-Pacific employees are self-motivated and have a commitment to attendance excellence and punctuality. If this role interests you, we look forward to hearing from you!
The successful candidate will work 12 hour rotating shift, variable start times, including overtime, weekends, and holidays (as scheduled).
Georgia-Pacific in Fordyce, AR manufactures OSB structural panels of compressed wood used in housing construction and remodeling. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for product quality and appearance
- Operate painting and strapping equipment to package units of OSB wearing safety equipment such as safety glasses, hard hats, hearing protection, safety shoes, etc.
- Keep area safe and clean
- Perform tasks such as lifting to 50lbs, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of six (6) months of work experience in an industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, farming, carpentry, construction, landscaping, production, or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with paint booth and strapping equipment
- At least 2 years of industrial/manufacturing experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf