Journeyman Mechanic (Converting)
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Halsey, OR Mill is looking for a Journeyman Millwright to join their team.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, and installing equipment in compliance with all plant policies and procedures
- Performing periodic maintenance to identify and correct mechanical defects before they lead to equipment failures and downtime
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Troubleshooting and repairing machinery and mechanical equipment to include but not limited to: motors, pneumatic & hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and production line equipment
- Reading diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturers’ specifications for installations
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in safety program
- Helping to meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Journey-level millwright card as recognized by the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries OR a minimum of four (4) years of Journey-level millwright experience *
- 2 years’ experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- 2 years’ experience with fabricating, torch cutting, and arc welding
- 2 years’ experience with reading blueprints and precision measurements
- 2 years’ experience with precision installation and alignment
- 4 years’ experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors, rollers, pulleys, and shafts
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Pulp and paper mechanical maintenance experience
- Experience with laser alignment, IR imaging, ultrasonic and other precision maintenance tooling and techniques
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Current or previous welding certification
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific’s Halsey, OR facility produces Quilted Northern Ultra Plush ® and private label paper towels and bathroom tissue. Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of tissue, including bath tissue, paper towels, facial tissue and napkins. Georgia-Pacific employees are committed to compliance, safety, and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about the type of products that Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Goods division produces, please visit www.gp.com/Products/Products-Overview.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf