Mechanical and Reliability Engineer
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Mechanical and Reliability Engineer to join our team in Brewton, AL. The Reliability Engineer will primarily create value by improving equipment reliability (capable, stable and predictable) thereby reducing unplanned events while improving uptime, availability and costs. Reliability improvements are expected as a result of utilizing reliability best practices and developing complete asset strategies to manage and/or mitigate the risk consequences of premature failures.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for the execution and implementation of reliability concepts including development of Root Cause Analysis, Reliability Centered Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance technologies and Preventive Maintenance development in order to achieve high levels of availability of plants assets
- Driving increased production and uptime through the use of reliability tools and processes, including Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Provide technical and engineering support and troubleshooting advice to maintenance and various operational areas
- Subject Matter Expert in the design and operation of rotating equipment, development of equipment strategies (including lubrications, conditions monitoring, and preventive maintenance), and management of mechanical integrity (including tanks, pressure vessels, and piping)
- Develop and implement plans for continuous improvement of production equipment, processes, and process controls
- Work closely with both operations and maintenance in the development of long-term equipment maintenance strategies and operator basic care (OBC) as well as support troubleshooting efforts through formal Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Mechanical and/or reliability experience within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience developing asset strategies
- Experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and facilitating Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Reliability Improvement tools (Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Preventive/Predictive maintenance, and KPIs
The Brewton Mill produces white top linerboard and solid bleached sulfate (SBS) paperboard. The SBS material is used to make a variety of cartons that require high-quality graphics including those for pharmaceuticals, DVDs and cosmetics. White top linerboard is used in production of corrugated containers and displays. To learn more about our Bleach Board Division, visit www.gppackaging.com
The Brewton mill is located in south central Alabama about an hour from Mobile, AL, Pensacola, FL, and the beautiful beaches of the Gulf Coast. Brewton residents enjoy the outdoors either on the beaches of Florida or by fishing on 1,600 miles of river in Alabama. The hunting trails and bass fishing regularly attract visitors. Alabama is home to many minor league baseball teams and two NCAA Division-I powerhouses. Nearby attractions include the Montgomery Zoo, the Gulf of Mexico and the Blue Angels.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf