GP Recycling is seeking a Baler Operator for our facility located in Elizabeth, NJ. This is a labor-intensive entry-level position. This role contributes to the functionality of the facility by identifying and reducing hazards and keeping the production area clean.
We have openings on 1st (7am-3pm) and 2nd shift (3pm-11pm)
GP Recycling, a subsidiary of Georgia–Pacific, is one of the largest pure traders of recycled fiber in the world, trading in excess of 100,000 tons per week. We develop markets for our suppliers’ recovered materials and provide a reliable source of quality feedstock to our global customer base. To learn more about our Recycling division, visit www.gpharmon.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all safety and health rules, as well as all other plant policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Gaining knowledge and operating the balers safely and efficiently.
- Ensuring cleanliness and safety in the facility by properly maintaining the surroundings of the baler.
- Daily lite maintenance of the balers (lubrication of tracks, gain working knowledge of wire tie and how to make minor adjustments throughout your shift)
- Familiarizing yourself with various commodities and production criteria.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Lifting requirement of 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to work any shift, weekend, holidays and overtime
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, humid, noisy industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in the recycling industry
- Experience operating baler equipment
- Six (6) months or more of work experience in a manufacturing, industrial, warehouse, or labor-intensive environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf