Global Director of Manufacturing Quality
This job posting is no longer active.
The Global Director of Manufacturing Quality will work with senior staff and plant leadership, developing & implementing a quality strategy to improve operational effectiveness and reduce the cost of poor quality through continual improvement. This role will collaborate with operational resources, translating strategies into a plan of action and implementing it effectively across the organization. S/he will interact frequently with our external customer base on customer performance metrics in addition to managing internal relationships with manufacturing, commercial and engineering contacts. Financial & operational performance are KPIs of success for this role, including P&L responsibility, resource utilization, and other quality metrics. S/he will be responsible for implementing Lean methodology, coordinating & controlling all certifications (IATF16949, ISO14001, and ISO9001), and managing overall business performance metrics including measurement, definition, execution, and communication
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the cultural transformation of our manufacturing quality organization and operations counterparts to consistently operate with a proactive, learning mindset paired with urgency & accountability
- Manage our manufacturing quality activities across all regions – operational quality after launch, quality management system, warranty management & continual process improvement
- Monitor the effective identification and resolution of systemic issues and the thorough read-across of resulting knowledge, leading the escalation process when required
- Advance our MBM culture where employees embrace quality and transformation
- Develop a process to assess, monitor, & improve quality performance, driving the goal of “zero defects”
- Quality Management System: Develop and monitor compliance of the organization to all regulatory and quality system certification requirements
- Ensure company maintains ISO 9001 certification, complying with the requirements of ISO/TS16949.
- Assure that SRG Global plants are compliant with industry and customer-specific requirements
- Support the continual improvement of processes and controls to ensure our product and processes conform to customer requirements, leading the interaction with senior customer staff when gaps occur
- Travel domestically and internationally to operations and customers when required
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS/MS of Engineering with 10-15 years of experience at an OEM, automotive supplier, or manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience leading teams: willingness to lead by example, mentor, build & empower teams
- Superior knowledge of automotive manufacturing activities, processes, and standards
- Strong background in developing and monitoring quality performance metrics – and using such data to implement significant improvements
- Experience in molding, plating, painting and assembly operations of “Class A” appearance components
- Experience managing the successful resolution of complex product and process problems across sites and/or manufacturing processes
- Strong analytical mindset to transform information and data into insight and strategies for the manufacturing quality department
- In-depth knowledge of core quality tools [MSA, PFMEA, Control Plans, LPAs, SPC] and proficient use of problem-solving tools [Shainin, Kepner Tregoe, DFSS, Ishikawa Diagrams, 3L 5Why, 8D, etc]
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.