Sr. Software Engineer
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paperbased packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
To learn more about our culture, Market-Based Management (MBM®), click here:
What You Will Do In Your Role
A successful Senior Software Engineer will be highly collaborative, have strong critical thinking skills, embrace change, and take ownership of their work. You will be highly motivated team member that works well with others, with the ability to execute projects as well as provide technical direction to other developers. You will be proficient in full-stack design and development of solutions in Angular on Amazon Web Services.
- Collaborating directly with a cross-functional agile team to identify system issues, improvements, and requirements that are needed and identify opportunities for process improvement and simplification
- Collaboratively designing user experiences with product owner or end users
- Collaboratively designing APIs with back-end developers
- Implementing front-end solutions in Angular built on Amazon Web Services
- Participating in code reviews with peers
- Writing automated tests to validate functional requirements
- Updating technical documentation to reflect changes
- Performing product demonstrations to stakeholders
- Implementing back-end APIs as-needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience using collaborative UI design tools such as Adobe XD or Sketch.
- 5+ years of experience in software development – writing testable, efficient, supportable, and maintainable code using C#, NodeJS, Python, or other common languages.
- Experience writing automated tests using xUnit, Karma, and other common testing frameworks.
- Experience building UI/UX to solve complex problems given minimal requirements
- Experience working with modern CSS/SCSS, Flexbox, and Grid
- Experience acting as a lead front-end engineer & UI/UX designer
- Experience collaborating within a team for project execution.
- Experience with AWS cloud-native serverless solutions including, but not limited to, the use of AWS Lambda, API Gateway, and S3.
- Experience with modern Agile and DevOps processes.
- Experience performing code reviews and mentoring others
- Experience with web security concepts, OAuth, Open ID Connect, etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Management of Information Systems.
- Proven experience with automated front-end testing tools such as Selenium, TOSCA(Tricentis), etc.?
- Portfolio of design work
- Proficiency with containers and container management
- AWS certification
- Ability to do graphic design/art
- Experience or exposure related to:
- Configuration Management Tools (Chef/Puppet, etc.)
- Scripting using bash, PowerShell, AWS CLI, etc.
- Knowledge of IT systems in a Sales, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain Distribution Environment. (Order Entry, Production Planning, Tagging Inventory, Shipping, Invoicing, Sales Accounting)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf