Phillips-Medisize is looking for a Mold Polisher on First (1st) Shift to disassemble, clean and polish all mold components, and reassemble molds according to specifications and preventive maintenance schedule.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Disassemble molds and mold components, with special attention to correct component reassembly locations
- Using various methods, cleans mold surfaces and mold components to customer specifications
- Reassemble molds in correct sequence with special attention to correct component placement
- Complies with all mold handling safety requirements
- Meet preventive maintenance schedules for cleaning and maintain quality standards
- Monitor quality of components visually throughout the polish process
- May perform basic mold repair functions
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Maintain handheld tools and power equipment
- Understand what critical dimensions and shut-off’ areas are for correct reassembly
- Reviews mold and mold component specifications to determine the appropriate tools, abrasives, and other materials to be used in the polishing process
- Inspects work to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet customer specifications
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ years’ experience working on molds; OR completion of a machining class or workshop (CNC, Lathe, Milling Machine)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using mechanical tools for assembly and disassembly preferred
- Familiarity with injection molds and mold inserts
- Knowledge of different level of polished and textured surfaces
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD files
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf