Cargo Claims Logistics Team Leader
This job posting is no longer active.
KBX Logistics, LLC is looking for a Cargo Claims Logistics Team Leader for our Transportation Services Team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working with diverse customers. This position will lead our Cargo Claims Team, Accessorial Team, and OS&D Team. This role will report to the Manager of Transportation Services. The successful candidate will have experience with cargo claims and cargo claims law, the ability to negotiate and influence others, strong interpersonal skills, a sense of urgency, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Lead and supervise a team
- Support employee development through coaching and mentoring
- Promote teamwork to create an environment for employees to become self-actualized
- Define and monitor key metrics for Claims, Accessorials, and OS&D
- Work with direct reports to set goals and hold them accountable for delivering results
- Improve productivity and create efficiencies by empowering the teams to experiment and implement creative solutions
- Support the teams in trouble shooting and navigating through multiple systems
- Provide direction and coordinate resolution for escalated claims, OS&D and accessorials
Lead and execute strategic initiatives
- Lead the modernization of claims processes by researching, selecting, and implementing a single cargo claims system
- Identify opportunities for automation and partner with necessary parties to implement
- Lead ad hoc projects to identify and proactively communicate best practices
- Collaborate across cross functional groups to identify and problem solve gaps in current processes and document standard operating procedures
Collaborate with strategic partners
- Lead the discussion on open claims in carrier meetings and quarterly business reviews
- Negotiate with carriers on cargo claims to find mutually beneficial resolutions
- Collaborate with various partners, both internal and external, to define business processes and best practices
- Educate various partners, both internal and external, on processes and best practice on cargo claims, OS&D, and accessorials
- Ensure all necessary parties are engaged in the escalation of unresolved and aged claims and accessorials
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience with cargo claims in transportation or logistics
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; excel, outlook, word, powerpoint
- Willing and able to travel up to 5%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience working in Salesforce
- Experience working in SAP
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics or related field
- Knowledge of 3PL claims and systems Familiarity with different claims management software
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Who is KBX Logistics? KBX Logistics is the true transformer of the 3rd party logistics (3PL) industry. Waste is our enemy; status quo is our nemesis. Our mission? Create a competitive advantage for our partners by delivering logistics technology and solutions that others can’t or simply won’t. If disrupting an industry appeals to you, this company is where you belong. KBX Logistics is the product of over 100 years of evolution and revolution. We got our start as a small transportation team in 1919 and are currently one of the largest 3PLs in the US. With Koch Industries as our parent company, the challenge is to always be thinking bigger and better. We have more than doubled in size over the past 5 years and we’re just getting started!
What is it really like to work here? Imagine being a dynamic start-up with the resources of a top tier private company, all built on the solid foundation of a proven management philosophy. This perfectly describes KBX Logistics! Here, we know culture is key so Market-Based Management® is our North Star. Win or lose, we do it as a team. Each employee plays a pivotal role in our success and without their diverse ideas, challenges, and perspectives, we wouldn’t succeed. With change as the only constant, each of us is on a unique journey where no two career paths look the same. We empower our employees to realize their potential and hold each other accountable along the way. Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone. Are you ready to get started?
This job posting is no longer active.