Distribution Forklift Operator
Start a new career with Georgia-Pacific, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Building Products and Consumer Products. We are hiring for a third shift forklift operator at our Newington, New Hampshire facility.The Georgia-Pacific facility in Newington, NH produces a variety of gypsum wallboard products. Wallboard is an affordable, strong and durable construction material used in residential and commercial building. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com. To learn more about our gypsum products, visit www.gpgypsum.com.
Wages are commensurate with experience, with a minimum starting wage of $19/hr. Our performance-based compensation system allows motivated employees to earn accelerated rate increases.We also offer an extra $2.00/hr. for 3rd shift, quarterly bonus program participation, and spot bonuses.Opportunities for advancement are only limited by initiative and ability to create value in a business that is solid, growing, and reinvesting in new technologies for enhanced safety, quality, reliability, and employee fulfillment.
Operators work in an industrial environment that is hot, humid and noisy and work around dust grease, oil and other chemical substances. This is a non, climate-controlled facility; temperatures can be very high in the summer, and cold in the winter. This role operates on eight to twelve-hour shifts that includes weekends, holidays, overtime and rotating shifts. Our 3rd shift distribution operation begins Sunday night at 11:00 pm and finishes Friday morning at 07:30 am.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work as a part of a team to diagram and accurately load customer orders
- Perform tasks such as lifting up to 50lbs., walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, and stooping for up to 12hrs a day
- Keep designated work area clean throughout shift to maintain an orderly and safe work environment
- Assist team members with warehouse organization, housekeeping, environmental and safety tasks
- Enter data to maintain accurate records of orders shipped and inventory tracking
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience operating a heavy load forklift
- Experience working in manufacturing or other industrial environments
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf