Software Cloud Architect
Provide technical and strategic leadership for building and advancing our Cloud Native Suite of Products. This role will be responsible for defining best-in-class software architecture principles and ensuring consistent implementation across product teams. The Software Architect will research, evaluate and integrate cutting edge technologies leveraging vendor partnerships and the use of relevant open source technologies. As an organizational leader, the Software Cloud Architect will drive new product development, anticipate technology challenges, ensure process integrity and deliver high quality software solutions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Evangelize an event-driven, microservice-based application architecture using containerized applications.
- Support a “security first” advocacy and encourage platform solutions that enable the microservice product teams to “shift left” with vulnerability identification and resolution.
- Stay current on industry trends; innovate through research, proof of concepts, and demos to solve complex business problems.
- Integrate across multiple product engineering teams to ensure knowledge and expertise is shared & developed.
- Define cloud design patterns and standards that ensure consistent, secure and scalable software implementations.
- Research, review and maintain overall industry knowledge on latest cloud technology trends.
- Participate in the recruitment of team members both employees and contractors
- Provide thought leadership, mentorship and training across the engineering team.
- Build strong relationships with product owners and managers that promotes value exchange.
- Demonstrate integrity and empathy while collaborating with customers, vendors and partners.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 10 years of experience architecting, developing, deploying, and supporting enterprise-scale applications.
- Experience leveraging managed services on AWS, Azure and/or GCP cloud platforms.
- Experience designing and building high performance applications with scalability, availability, fault-tolerance, monitoring, and serviceability.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability).
- Experience leading research of architecture decisions, providing pros and cons of the options and making a strategic recommendation.
- Experience defining and building a fully automated DevSecOps discipline.
- Experience implementing SaaS design patterns including multi-tenancy, security, scalability and availability.
- Experience building technical governance around cloud architectures, deployment, and operations.
- Demonstrate a vision for cloud architecture from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems.
- Understanding of distributed event-driven architecture using Kafka.
- Experience working within large organizations, and the ability to develop strong relationships.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and communicating technical recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf