Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the market place because, quite simply, ''we do what we say we can do''.
There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique market-based management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
What You Will Do In Your Role
·Weld according to engineering specifications on plant process equipment and structural steel. Possess a basic understanding and application of making boilermaker repairs on pressure vessels, such as, reactors, towers and drums.
This position is not eligible for Sponsorship. Relocation Assistance will not be provided.
·Candidates must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations.
·Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces (18-36 inches in diameter) and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights.
·Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
·Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional examinations, such as a pre-employment physical, hearing, and/or vision test may be required per client guidelines.
·Candidates must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, unassisted.
·Good manual dexterity for the use of common hand tools, power tools and the ability to navigate around obstacles in a petrochemical environment is necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
The job will primarily be on or around construction/turnaround sites in petrochemical operational units and include possible hazardous environments such as confined spaces and working at heights. Exposure to loud noises, fumes, sparks, vibrations, dust, dirt, irritants and smoke may occur. Special Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be necessary to control some hazardous environments. Additional forms of PPE may be required depending on the project. Safety requirements must be verified and meet standards set forth by client permits, policies, and procedures, and be performed in compliance with all federal, state and local laws or ordinances before work activities can begin.
The Experience You Will Bring
• 2 years of general welding experience or successful completion of a vocational welding training program
• Ability to read, write, and speak in English
• Must be able to pass a weld qualification test. Weld test(s) administered will be specific to the project currently being staffed. You will be administered at least one of the following:
• Plate Test – ½” Plate, (3) Position SMAW, welded with various filler metal
• Nozzle Test –2.75” OD x .625” THK, 6G, SMAW with backing ring, welded with various filler metal
• GTAW (TIG) Test – 2” XXH, 6G, GTAW/SMAW, with open root, ER70S2 / E7018 or E309L
• Overlay Test – 4” S40, 6G or (3) position plate test, SMAW, single or double pass, using various filler metal
• Flux Core – ½” Plate, (3) Position FCAW, E71-T-1M (75/25 Ar/CO2)
• Current TWIC Card
• Must be able to provide your own transportation to job locations throughout the US.
• Must be willing and able to meet all Company and Customer project entry requirements including training, background check, and drug test.
What Will Put You Ahead
·Must have 1 year or more of industrial plant experience making weld repairs to coded pressure vessels, reactors, towers and drums
·A welding certificate and/or vocational welding training is preferred.
·Basic Plus Orientation and Confined Space Training
·Successful completion of an NCCER craft assessment test
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf