Georgia-Pacific is seeking Production Operators in our GP-Rocky Creek Lumber Mill in Mexia, AL. You will learn to operate lumber production equipment on one or more machine centers. The equipment may include automated saws, scanners, bundlers, sorter trimmers as well as associated transfer fork lifts & lumber handling equipment. This position offers opportunities for advancement as new skills are acquired.
If you want to be a part of a team that works safely, produces a quality product, and provides ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Using blowers, brooms, and other equipment to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery running smoothly, reducing safety and fire hazards, maintaining environmental controls, and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Cross-training on production equipment and mobile equipment to provide coverage for vacations, breaks, and absences.
- Working in various areas throughout the mill to help meet or exceed facility and company production and quality goals.
- Assisting team members throughout the mill as needed during the production of lumber.
- Working collaboratively as a team to meet or exceed production and quality goals while keeping waste at minimal levels.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of six (6) months of work experience in an industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, farming, carpentry, construction, landscaping, production, or military environment
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job, such as lifting up to 50 lbs and working in a hot humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment, while working rotating shifts, overtime, holidays, and weekends
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least one or more years of previous manufacturing experience
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in lumber or wood products
- Mechanical experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf