Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Quarry Operator at our Fort Dodge, IA location. Quarry Operators create value by assisting a team in exceeding production and quality goals. This is accomplished through continuous improvement, innovation, positive team building, and collaboration to exceed short and long-term goals. Quarry Operators are required to work any shift and variable start times that include overtime, weekends and holidays as required.
If your passion is assisting a team in attaining the highest standards in safety, compliance, and process excellence, we are interested in learning more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learn and apply Georgia-Pacific's management philosophy known as Market-Based Management (MBM®)
- Troubleshoot, problem-solve, and use critical thinking during all tasks or work that may be assigned
- Adhere and assist with Georgia-Pacific and Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) safety standards
- Operate heavy equipment
- Work in all weather conditions; (hot, cold, dry, and wet)
- Experience working with various types of heavy equipment
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job
- Experience performing routine inspection and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Experience operating a haul truck, front-end loader, excavator & dozer
- At least five (5) years of mining and quarrying experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf