Project Information/Document Management Lead
Are you an organized, motivated, detail-oriented individual that can work effectively with a diverse team? Do you enjoy developing and working with documentation and information systems? If so, then we are looking for you! Georgia-Pacific is currently recruiting for a Project Information/Document Management Lead to join our Project and Engineering Center of Excellence. The successful candidate will have experience leading the development and execution of document management solutions, both for digital and print media, as well as a customer-focused mentality. This role will create value for the organization by developing and delivering a comprehensive documentation management strategy for technical records and through supporting on-going requests for technical information from within the Corporate Engineering team and local production facilities. This role will require occasional domestic travel to production sites.
This role is home based.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the creative destruction and re-invention of GP Projects Document Control Process
- Perform functions as Project Manager for the overall BIM360 development and deployment.
- Coordinate with the integration teams to meet the needs of deployment:
- BIM360 to Vault
- BIM360 to Ecosys
- Champion of the Organizational Change relate to BIM360.
- Coordinate with leaders of Engineering and Project teams to understand needs for a long-term document management strategies and technical solutions
- Partner with key external contractors to ensure project information sharing is effective
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive document management solution for digital and hardcopy files that enables efficient review and retrieval
- Maintain knowledge of relevant technical solutions related to record management and provide input to the organization when investing in solutions that create long-term value
- Support requests for record retrieval from personnel within the corporate engineering team and from local facilities
- Categorize and index records from variation locations as they are created
- Coordinate with technical and project resources from both corporate engineering and local facilities to ensure that relevant records are properly archived in accordance with documentation management guidelines
- Coordinate with local facilities to develop strategies that align record management practices between corporate engineering and local facility teams
- Coordinating temporary or part-time resources to expedite completion of large volumes of records that require classification and storage
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously and possess a strong focus on customer service and attention to detail
- Possess excellent teamwork and collaboration skills, while also having the ability to work independently on strategic initiatives
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience in document control processes and systems in project management, document controls or project controls
- Experience implementing and developing new processes
- Leadership experience
- Experience with Microsoft Suite package; Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Experience with software tools for team collaboration and documentation management; (i.e. BIM 360, Procore, Acconnex, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Library/ Information Science, Engineering, Project Management
- Experience leading the deployment and or managing Autodesk BIM 360 software or other document control software
- Three (3) or more years’ experience providing record management support in a technical or manufacturing organization
- Experience in implementing a record management system from the ground up
- Experience managing equipment documentation; drawings, spare parts, standard procedures, etc.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf