Crane Operator - Gladys, VA
Georgia-Pacific is a leader in the forest products industry. Our Brookneal facility located in Gladys, VA is a Building Products facility that makes Oriented Strand Board (OSB). This state-of-the-art facility is committed to providing a safe work environment for all of its employees. We are currently recruiting for a Crane Operator role in Gladys, VA.
This position is responsible for operating the Andritz Portal Cranes to unload and place logs into Logyard inventory while keeping the mill supplied with logs from inventory. You will also maintain safe and consistent operation of equipment throughout different areas.The successful candidate must be able to work any rotating shift including nights, holidays and weekends as well as become CPR certified and First-Aid trained.
A Day in the Life
- Operating of the mill’s gantry crane. This includes safe and efficient operation of a series of electric controls to effect movement of the gantry crane and positioning of the clam shell buckets is a significant aspect of this job.
- Performing tasks such as lifting up to 50 pounds, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment, working in high (up to 125 ft) and/or confined spaces.
- Working closely with the Slasher Operator to supply the logs to maintain consistent operation of Debarking and Stranding
- Communicating with Log Truck Drivers to ensure their safety and reporting issues and concerns immediately; communicating with Scalehouse to ensure proper tracking of inventory
- Learning to operate the Portal Cranes, Strander area and Loader operations to produce quality products that meet the specifications set forth in the control plan
- Communicating with maintenance staff and all teammates, for other guidance that will enable them to safely and effectively troubleshoot any equipment performance issues
- ·Operating log handling equipment as needed to maintain wood to slashers
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least (1) one year of industrial manufacturing experience
- Experience using a computer or tablet for email, record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience operating Portal Gantry Crane
- Experience working in lumber or wood products
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf