Maintenance Mechanic - Brunswick, GA
Georgia-Pacific Cellulose, LLC has an opportunity for a talented millwright to enhance operations at its facility in Brunswick, Georgia. The Maintenance Mechanic will create value by ensuring machine reliability by performing troubleshooting and by using preventative maintenance techniques on industrial plant equipment. The Millwright will work collaboratively with their team members to ensure that the facility is operating at its highest level to meet production, quality and safety goals.
The Georgia-Pacific Brunswick mill, which has been in operation since 1937, has the capability to produce over 800,000 tons of cellulose each year. Additionally, it is the largest single-site fluff production facility in the world. To learn more about our Cellulose Division, visit www.gppackaging.com/Cellulose.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining industrial machinery
- Installing and aligning new equipment
- Performing periodic maintenance routines including lubricating machine tools and equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participate in safety program
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- At least two (2) years of mechanical maintenance experience, e.g. millwright, pipe fitting, and/or welding, in an industrial environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors
- Experience with reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, lubrication
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job while working overtime, holidays, and weekends
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) years or more of experience as a maintenance mechanic in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Associates degree or two (2) years of study from a technical college or school in the fields of Industrial Maintenance or Industrial Technology
- Computer skills for record-keeping and documentation functions
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf