This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for a Manufacturing Engineer role to support the Balance of Plant (Ancillary) Equipment, for our converting operations inside the Naheola Mill facility located in Pennington, AL. The equipment includes but not limited to Converting Air Compressor Systems, Air Handling Units, Chillers and Cooling Towers, Trim Systems, Broke System and Handling, Re-pulpers, Dust Collection Systems, NF Lines Briquetter.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be involved with increasing the effectiveness of the asset group by improving reliability, work processes, equipment performance and team member capabilities within the converting manufacturing segment and report to the Production Leader of the Legacy Converting area. This individual has direct supervision responsibilities for eight broke operators with two assigned per crew.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of Environmental, Health, and Safety
- Lead the effort to identify, investigate, recommend, and implement equipment improvements, vital supply and raw material improvements, and process systems changes that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the assigned ancillary equipment
- Lead waste reduction initiatives to reduce waste
- Manage all business aspects of ancillary asset(s) including monthly operational costs, capital projects, compliance projects and equipment reliability
- Improve and verify technical skill levels of Broke Room Operators
- Lead/Improve Asset Reliability and Reliability Strategies (including spares, down day planning, lubrication, operator basic care routes, asset clean to inspect, etc. for noted ancillary equipment.
- Seek understanding and apply Market Based Management®
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, or Industrial Engineer OR Three (3) or more years of experience with direct responsibility for ancillary equipment
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Experience leading direct reports
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience having direct responsibilities for Ancillary Equipment such as Air Compressors, Dust Collection Systems, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Re-pulpers, and Trim Blower Fans
- Experience working within a Georgia-Pacific/Koch company manufacturing operation and knowledge of MBM® Guiding Principles.
- Experience with software tools such as PI Process Book, PTM (AA)/Suite, Asset Suite, Downtime Analysis Reports, SAP, etc.
Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Mill located in Pennington, Alabama, is a manufacturing site for the company’s well-known consumer products business. More than 900 employees produce a wide range of products for the consumer business, including Angel Soft® bath tissue, Sparkle® paper towels, as well as bleached paperboard used in Dixie® paper cups and plates.
The mill is the largest employer in the community and is engaged in supporting community outreach, workforce development and education. The area is a sportsman’s paradise with world-class hunting for deer, turkey and other small game and is bounded on the east by the Tombigbee River which provides such recreation as freshwater fishing, boating and water skiing. Residents of this area enjoy the mild climate, a low cost of living, and is an easy drive to the many resort communities and soft white-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.