This Safety Manager position is in our Georgia-Pacific Gypsum facility located in Tacoma, WA. The manager is to provide leadership and strategic direction to the facility through the application of the business framework and Principles. Create real value for the organization by ensuring risk is aggressively identified and mitigated. Develop and align facility Safety strategies are consistent with company/division Health & Safety vision. Ensure leaders and employees are trained and equipped to manage safety. Reports directly to the facility manager, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Regional/Division Health & Safety Manager.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Promotes a safety culture with all team members to help the Tacoma facility embrace and achieve our Path to Zero Safety Strategy consistent with Koch’s Safety Vision.
- Owns and propagates all safety initiatives and programs (HOP, CSO Teams, Safety Training, etc.).
- Significantly contributes to the selection, onboarding, and development of talent, resulting in continuous site-wide alignment with safety.
- Actively manages all aspects of compliance (e.g., OSHA, MARSEC (Maritime Security), state, local, company standards).
- Ensuring facility risk profile is addressed through development and implementation of key controls.
- Drives continuous improvement using tools and activities, including self-assessments and audit processes; incident/near miss investigations; metrics and targets (leading and lagging indicators); and periodic reviews of performance, culture, and talent.
- Effectively communicates facility safety vision, strategies, and performance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage Workers Compensation process
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, (or a related degree), engineering degree OR five (5) years’ safety experience in an industrial or manufacturing process environment
- A minimum of five (5) years of safety experience in an industrial or manufacturing process environment (w/o a degree it would total 10 years)
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an industrial safety leadership position
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience with OSHA, state, and local safety and compliance standards
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with MARSEC
- Experience onboarding and developing employees, helping to foster a safety-driven culture
- Experience in leading a site to improved safety and performance
- Experience working in building products
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf