Manufacturing Integration Engineer – Networking Products
Molex CMS product team is seeking a Manufacturing Integration Engineer (MIE)to develop and launch manufacturing processes for the large pipeline of new products. Our ideal candidate is a smart, quick, positive, and confident collaborator. As an MIE, you know the exhilaration that goes along with the first run-at-rate, and you know the pride of building a zero-defect process. You are a great performer. If you share our passion for creating value, if you are entrepreneurial and customer focused, we would like you to join our team! You will work closely with our cross functional design team and other business partners that build our automotive electronic products. These parts are getting faster, denser, smarter, and more complex with every evolution. In this role, you will be responsible for setting the manufacturing strategy, designing the production processes, and managing our tooling and automation suppliers as they build and deliver our lines and tooling. The result of your effort will be the flawless launch of a robust manufacturing process capable of meeting our customers’ requirements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate in DFA/DFM activities along with cross functional team. Provide manufacturing plant’s feedback based on lessons learned and continuous improvement efforts.
- Study the project scope, put together manufacturing strategy that aligns with our vision and future product pipeline.
- Work with equipment vendors to during equipment design, development, testing and qualification. Collaborate & apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials. Actively contribute to equipment FAT and SAT runs.
- Participate in equipment design reviews. Solicit observations from operators and technicians.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Keep communication between the plant and the front office MIE and CFT teams up to date. Be a voice of BU in the plant and bring plant’s feedback to cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing assembly processes like screwing, soldering, dispensing, crimping, and welding is essential.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing process design
- Knowledge of various manufacturing assembly processes (Examples include: screwing, soldering, dispensing, crimping and welding)
- 5+ years working experience in manufacturing automation and assembly concept development
- Ability to understand customer technical needs, specifications and advanced automotive architecture and effectively provide solutions to both the customer and present these options to the Molex Business Unit
- Familiarity with automated manufacturing equipment
- Willing and able to travel up to 20-30%, including potential international travel
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years in automotive tier-1 advanced manufacturing development and design
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Control System or Manufacturing Engineering
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf