Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Up to $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Our Plattsburgh, NY facility is seeking an Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Technician. This position works within a team, sharing and applying knowledge to meet facility production goals to increase capabilities and optimize asset performance. If you want to work for an industry leader and for a company whose core values include safety, integrity, compliance, and fulfillment, apply today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Demonstrate mature levels of E&I technical capabilities resulting in excellence in safety, quality assurance and maximizing asset performance.
- Work with the Operations and Reliability teams to identify and eliminate potential failures.
- Facilitate and assist in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of premature failures; offering solutions and implementing corrective actions preventing reoccurrence.
- Utilize work processes and CMMS to document findings and initiate corrective actions.
- Assist in the further development of the predictive and preventive programs.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting skills that allow our equipment to operate as designed in accordance with OEM specifications.
- Participate in reliability focused design changes that reduce waste and improves asset/equipment performance.
- Proactively seek education opportunities in self-development both technically and professionally.
- Ensuring proper operation of, and troubleshooting of, electrical & instrumentation system components including transmitters, actuators, controllers, motor and drive systems, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), distributed control systems (DCS) for process control, etc.
- Mentoring and sharing knowledge with other Technicians.
- Apply all applicable codes, regulations, reliability strategies & corporate standards.
- Meet the requirements of Georgia Pacific Level 6 E&I qualifications:
- Ability to use electrical schematics, P&IDs, loop drawings and general equipment documentation to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Familiar with PLC and DCS hardware and functions, and able to troubleshoot process and machine problems using these systems
- Familiar with machine controls such as relays, safety circuits, variable frequency and DC motor controllers, and able to troubleshoot and install these systems
- Ability to calibrate, configure, install and troubleshoot transmitters, actuators, valves, positioners, meters, testers and other instrumentation and controls
- Ability to understand machine processes and to troubleshoot and improve those processes using technical skills
- Ability to develop plans to repair or improve issues and coordinate work
Work Schedule Requirements
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- One of more of the following:
- Associate or Technical degree or higher in an applicable field of study AND at least two (2) years of electrical and instrument control experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of four (4) years of electrical and instrument control experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ten (10) years E&I experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Honeywell, Experion, or other Distributed Control System (DCS) platforms
- Experience with Honeywell BMS, Honeywell transmitters (temperature, pressure, and level), Emerson Micromotion Flowmeters and Emerson Rosemount transmitters (temperature, pressure, and level)
- Experience with Motor Control Centers (MCCs) and related electrical equipment up to 2400V
- Allen-Bradley, ControlLogix or other PLC programming and/or troubleshooting experience
- Technical degree in the electrical or instrumentation fields
- Completion of an electrical or controls apprenticeship program
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf