Senior Mechanical Engineer
INVISTA Performance Technologies (IPT) is the world’s leading licensor of technology for Polyester, Nylon and Polyurethane value chains. IPT have over 40 years of continuous licensing experience with a global team of technology and licensing experts.
The successful candidate will join IPT’s Functional Engineering team at Wilton assisting in the effective creation and transfer of process technology packages for a range of process technologies.
The role will encompass involvement in all stages of the project life cycle, and ongoing customer support. We are seeking a highly motivated and professional engineer to join our team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with the process engineering team to integrate rotating and package equipment into process technology packages.
- Develop mechanical equipment specifications, assess vendor proposals and support clients during the procurement process.
- Contribute to equipment bid clarification meetings and design reviews.
- Provide Licensees with plant commissioning support as part of the IPT commissioning team.
- Create and deliver Mechanical training packages for INVISTA Licensee’s.
- Contribute to root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Provide ongoing customer support to Licensees on rotating equipment and package equipment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Good Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Strong technical background in chemical plant operation and maintenance, likely bias towards rotating equipment and package equipment.
- Proven experience in supporting the commissioning of major chemical plants.
- Willingness to travel to support projects and licensees.
- A lifelong learner and having the urge to acquire the best knowledge.
- Strong customer focus: motivated to create superior value for IPT by doing so for our customers, ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships.
- Put safety first; drive environmental excellence and comply with all laws and regulations.
- Treat everyone with honesty, dignity, respect, and sensitivity.
- Be humble, intellectually honest and deal with reality constructively.
- An entrepreneurial, pragmatic and results orientated approach.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with effective use of English and IT.
What Will Put You Ahead
- A knowledge of solid handling equipment.
- Experience working in a process technology provider.