Production Supervisor-Plywood – Prosperity, SC
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Supervisor in our plywood mill in Prosperity, South Carolina. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for leading a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with management philosophy and framework. This position will support the MPO (Machine Paced Operation) Process system to align and optimize the manufacturing enterprise in delivering value to the business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supervise/coordinate production efforts that drive improvement in all associated work processes affected EHS, compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs
- Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution
- Build employee commitment and ownership and hold employees accountable
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards
- Monitor product quality and provide direction to crew members to maximize efficiency
- Assist with troubleshooting and solving production issues
- Provide safety training to crew members
- Provide coaching; team development/performance management
- Complete data entry responsibilities and generate reports
Team size may range from 15-25 members. Must be flexible with shift and/or departmental assignment. This position reports to the Department Superintendent
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of leadership experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn various PC-based production reporting systems applications.
- Must be able and willing to work an assigned shift schedule and interchange when necessary
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non air conditioned or unheated area
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations, including wearing and using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with a preference in a technical or business discipline
- Two (2) or more years of experience in an engineering role that focuses on continuous improvement
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
IND-GP-OPS Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf