Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Division is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to support our paper mill operation located in Plattsburgh, NY. The Operations Leader will be responsible for the performance of the Product System (people, process and equipment), the cost competitiveness of their products and asset performance. This leader will have a general understanding of the mill and will be accountable for Product System results that are impacted by their team’s performance and capability. This person will report to the Mill Director and will have 8 salaried direct reports.
Plattsburgh is located on Lake Champlain in the northeast part of New York State about 20 miles south of the Canadian Border. To the west of Plattsburgh sits 6.1 million acres of land called the Adirondack Park which contains the famous Adirondack Mountains. There are over one hundred summits, ranging from under 1,200 to over 5,000 feet in altitude. Hiking the 46 Adirondack High Peaks is recognized as one of the greatest challenges in the Adirondack Park. Plattsburgh is also located adjacent to a major North/South Interstate 87 highway that runs north on a direct route to Montreal, Canada and south to New York City (where over 50M people live within 400 miles of the Plattsburgh facility).
What you will do in your role.
- Role Modeling the behaviors and actions that advance our Market Based Management® (MBM®) Culture and the organizational vision
- Responsible for the performance and development of people, managing individual performance and holding individuals accountable for their results through vision setting and performance feedback
- Acting as a positive change agent for continued capability development and improvement within the Market Based Management (MBM®) culture
- Creating an environment where the team achieves zero significant events in Environmental, Health and Safety
- Responsible for asset performance to meet facility goals
- Holding team and individuals accountable for operation and reliability strategies
- Motivating and inspiring direct reports to achieve results in alignment with the mill vision and goals
- Collaborating with others on new initiatives around technology and automation
The experience you will bring.
- Five (5) or more years of managerial leadership experience in a process manufacturing environment
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and developing salaried leaders
- Experience managing the performance of salaried leaders
- Experience helping drive transformation in an organization
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Pulp and Paper, or Manufacturing Technology
·High School Diploma or equivalent
Salary and Benefits Commiserate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf