LAB TECHNICIAN(Gypsum Wallboard Facility)
Our Georgia-Pacific Gypsum facility in Fort Dodge, IA is seeking a motivated and safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Lab Technician. In this role, you will perform daily lab activities and determine whether products meet industry and company set standards including performing lab tests, verifying sample properties, and taking necessary corrective action whenever a product is out of spec. Lab Technicians work 8-12 hour shifts that include weekends, holidays, overtime, and off-shifts.
The Georgia-Pacific facility in Fort Dodge, IA produces a variety of gypsum wallboard products. Wallboard is an affordable, strong, and durable construction material used in residential and commercial building. Georgia-Pacific Gypsum is a leading manufacturer of innovative solutions which have long been recognized for contributing to the sustainability of commercial and residential buildings. Our pioneering and state-of-the-art fiberglass mat technology has inspired the construction industry to build with products that help manage moisture damage during and after construction. For more information on Georgia Pacific’s Gypsum Division please visit www.buildgp.com/georgia-pacific-gypsum.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Test, analyze, and communicate all test results
- Maintain product test equipment and process raw material calibration logs
- Perform testing on manufactured finished products and record test data in the plants Quality Database System
- Participate in procedure reviews and method validation
- Responsible for the pre-testing of raw materials and assisting with plant and divisional trials
- Support trials for new process additives and/or implement new lab instruments as needed
- Document and communicate issues regarding quality, instrumentation, and production to appropriate terms
- Adhere to all plant health, safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day while working in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Lift materials that may weigh up to 50 pounds while working around dust, grease, oil and other chemical substances
What You Will Need:
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Experience troubleshooting and operating analytical lab instruments
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of three (3) years of manufacturing experience
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working with and performing equipment calibration for a Quality Assurance lab
- Experience working in a gypsum wallboard manufacturing facility
- Bachelor's degree in a science discipline OR a minimum of four (4) years of quality lab experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf