Accounts Payable Manager
You thrive in a collaborative environment where you can drive process improvements. You have a passion for coaching and mentoring others. With your entrepreneurial thinking skills and initiative, you are able to lead projects successfully. Sound familiar? This might be the opportunity you’re looking for!
KBX Logistics is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager whose core responsibility will be to lead the freight auditing/accounts payable function within KBX Logistics.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading, developing, and coaching a team to achieve best in class capabilities in all modes for overall freight auditing processes
- Drive consistent adaptation of the audit best practices and processes
- Use economic thinking to drive the technology advancements improving capabilities over the longer term
- Collaborate with KBX Logistics Business Development organization as needed to create a revenue stream of our freight settlement capabilities
- Lead the effort to bring in all remaining invoices through our internally built TMS system, TOPS, for freight payment and audit
- Work with various internal accounting groups to insure appropriate and accurate cost information is flowing to them and to resolve problems as they arise
- Collaborate with other internal procurement and related functions to ensure that compliance policies are understood and adhered to
- Develop and implement key metrics to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate degree or higher with 2+ years of professional experience OR high school diploma with 4+ years in professional experience
- 1+ years’ experience leading a team
- Microsoft Office experience -- Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Demonstrated knowledge and judgment of accounting, payment flow, cost flow, and freight audit processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, mathematics, or similar degree area
- Transportation operations experience in all modes of transportation
- 5+ years’ experience rating and auditing
- Experience in contract interpretation
Not eligible for visa sponsorship
Who is KBX Logistics? KBX Logistics is the true transformer of the 3rd party logistics (3PL) industry. Waste is our enemy; status quo is our nemesis. Our mission? Create a competitive advantage for our partners by delivering logistics technology and solutions that others can’t or simply won’t. If disrupting an industry appeals to you, this company is where you belong. KBX Logistics is the product of over 100 years of evolution and revolution. We got our start as a small transportation team in 1919 and are currently one of the largest 3PLs in the US. With Koch Industries as our parent company, the challenge is to always be thinking bigger and better. We have more than doubled in size over the past 5 years and we’re just getting started!
What is it really like to work here? Imagine being a dynamic start-up with the resources of a top tier private company, all built on the solid foundation of a proven management philosophy. This perfectly describes KBX Logistics! Here, we know culture is key so Market-Based Management® is our North Star. Win or lose, we do it as a team. Each employee plays a pivotal role in our success and without their diverse ideas, challenges, and perspectives, we wouldn’t succeed. With change as the only constant, each of us is on a unique journey where no two career paths look the same. We empower our employees to realize their potential and hold each other accountable along the way. Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone. Are you ready to get started?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf