Are you a Maintenance Mechanic who is self-motivated, and committed to safety? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Mechanic in McQueeney, TX. This position creates value by ensuring machine reliability and uptime and identifying opportunities to maximize output without compromising quality or safety. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity. The shift for this position is Monday-Friday 6:45am-3pm with weekends as needed. This position will also require being on call as needed. Starting pay is $31.00/hr.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery
- Installing and aligning new equipment
- Performing periodic preventative maintenance activities, including lubricating, changing fluids and filters on industrial equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs • Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Application of simple problem-solving methods such as 5Y to reduce and eliminate failures
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing PPE (protective personal equipment)
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed
- Ability to work in a sometimes hot, cold dusty and noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least two (2) years of mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on motors, gearboxes, bearings, chains, sprockets, conveyors, etc.
- Experience with reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings, pumps, and conveyors
- Ability to follow safety rules and regulations as listed in the description
- Ability to work in industrial environments as listed in the description
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree or two (2) years of study from a technical college in the fields of Industrial Maintenance or Industrial Technology
- Experience working with heavy equipment such as forklifts, front end loaders, backhoes, etc.
- Five (5) or more years of mechanical millwright experience in an industrial environment
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Manufacturing System (CMMS)
- High School Diploma or GED
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf