Material Technician - Manufacturing
This job posting is no longer active.
You have a long-term vision for your career. Isn’t it time you joined a company that thinks the same as you do? Continued company growth due to reinvestment of earnings so that we create long-term value for our customers, employees and society.
Want to learn more about the INVISTA experience? Watch this!
What You Will Do In Your Role
INVISTA Kingston Site currently has vacancies in our Material Technician position. The Flake Packaging within the Integrated Polymer Group organization is looking for a self-motivated Material Technician to work within a team environment to operate, maintain, and improve the flake packaging equipment and facilities.
As a Flake Packaging Material Technician, you will be expected to safely operate and/or troubleshoot all packaging equipment; build capability to be able to apply energy control for maintenance, issue safe work permits, compass tickets, create work notifications and review/improve area SOPs for your area of ownership.
How will you contribute:
The Flake Packaging within the Integrated Polymer Group organization is looking for a self-motivated Material Technician to work within a team environment to operate, maintain, and improve the flake packaging equipment and facilities.As a Flake Packaging Material Technician, you will be expected to safely operate and/or troubleshoot all packaging equipment; build capability to be able to apply energy control for maintenance, issue safe work permits, compass tickets, create work notifications and review/improve area SOPs for your area of ownership. Adhere to all plant environmental, health, and safety guidelines, policies and procedures
- Willingness and ability to obtain a mobile equipment license and operate mobile equipment
- Assist crew members in team environment
- Demonstrate responsibility, initiative, critical thinking skills and effective decision making
- Demonstrate respectful behaviour
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
- Meet or exceed performance levels and production quality goals
- Actively seek opportunities to improve work processes to improve efficiency and eliminate waste
- Seek opportunities to continuous learn and apply your skills
You Bring the Ability to:
- Work in an industrial environment with varying temperatures and conditions
- Perform repetitive and physical tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping, standing)
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Work rotating, 12-hour work schedule that includes weekends and holidays, in a 24/7 operation
- Wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, hard hat, bump caps, gloves, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.) with or without accommodation
- Work in a tobacco free environment
- Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement as condition of employment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical diploma in science, engineering, robotics, electronics, mechatronics, or similar field is an asset
- Valid Drivers License
What Will Put You Ahead
Candidates with the following previous work experience are encouraged to apply: Warehouse Worker, Shipping and Receiving, Material Handling, Machine Operator, Manufacturing, Automation and HMI controls, EHS Stewardship roles.
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to work and thrive in a culture that places priority on integrity, stewardship, compliance and creating value in society
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Ability to contribute to the production of valued resources
- $22.80/hour that increases to $23.80/hour upon successful completion of probationary period. Shift premiums paid during evenings, nights and Sundays
- Advancement opportunities with competitive wages
- Flexible benefits package
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Optional pension enhancements
- Performance bonus program
- Additional vacation purchase program
- Additional floating holidays
- Education assistance program for job related training
How to apply
- Picture yourself at INVISTA and submit a detailed resume in English along with a covering letter to www.kochcareers.com
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.
- If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance, but please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation or assistance at any time during the application or selection processes, please submit a request by following the directions located at the bottom of the kochcareers.com webpage
Want to learn more about INVISTA?
You may know us by brand names like STAINMASTER® and CORDURA®. Our polymers and chemical intermediates are the foundation for many of the plastics you use every day, and our fibers can be found in many of the clothes you wear.
But you might also know us by another name: Koch Industries. Because, as a subsidiary of Koch since 2004, we’ve applied Market-Based Management® to our business to create value for not only our customers, but society as a whole – and continue to be a leader in many value chains, from intermediates to the ultimate consumer.
This job posting is no longer active.