Phillips-Medisize, LLC is seeking a Buyer/Planner to develop and manage production schedules in support of sales requirements. Create sourcing strategies, lead negotiations and other duties related to the business of procurement and materials management.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and update production schedules to support sales requirements.
- Provide coordination and communication with Production Supervisors to handle scheduling conflicts.
- Communicate shipment information to customer service.
- Analyze customer forecasts and materials requirements.
- Create and revise purchase orders for raw materials and sub-contractors in support of production requirements.
- Track due dates to ensure timely deliveries and revise purchase orders as needed.
- Responsible to keep raw material inventory level at company specific goals.
- Facilitate and manage regular communication with suppliers/vendors to ensure timely delivery.
- Expedite the resolutions of issues relating to the product and/or delivery.
- Initiate and follow through on supplier changes; interacts with suppliers for quotation, and to follow up on purchases.
- Evaluate and manage vendors/suppliers on the basis of price, quality, service, support and availability.
- Participate in cross-function teams to implement cost, quality, supplier and comparison documents.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years’ of experience in capacity planning, purchasing and strong materials management.
- 2+ years’ experience with SAP or other MRP systems
- High School graduate or postsecondary degree
- Experience in planning a shop floor that has manual assembly and mix model builds
What Will Put You Ahead
- Must understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement, contracts, breach by contract, etc.
- Demonstrate continued flexibility to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Strong negotiation skills with customers
- Proficient in developing documents and spreadsheets (with formulas) using All Microsoft applications.
- Excellent computer skills; ability to effectively use word processing software, spreadsheet analysis, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Internet, etc
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image verbally, in writing and in person
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
Some injection molding experience is an asset
Electronic experience is an asset
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf