When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible.
Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives.
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Operations Manager in Chicago, Illinois!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead and supervise a team of Production Supervisors at two manufacturing facilities, operating on multiple shifts
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality, and performance of the Operations Department
- Provide leadership and training to all employees to achieve Safety, Quality, and Production objectives
- Coordinate production activities with other Capabilities to ensure objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s principles, policies, and procedures
- Strategic planning and forecasting
- Appraise performance, resolve problems and address staffing needs
- Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and professional growth
- Champion continuous improvement
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of management experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Direct management experience of a salary and hourly employee population
- Experience with KPI’s, process improvement and Lean techniques
- Experience driving continuous improvement and transformation
What Will Put You Ahead
- Degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration or related field
- Union Labor Relations experience
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
- APICS CPIM Certification a plus
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf