Production Test System Developer
At Molex we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS), a business unit of Molex LLC, develops innovative products and manufacturing processes around automotive in-vehicle networking, infotainment, and lighting segments.
At Molex, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. Come join our journey.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop, integrate, and deploy software to control complex test systems used across multiple manufacturing centers.Must coordinate software development activities with various cross functional teams, including product development, manufacturing, marketing, quality, etc.
- Perform electrical testing of high-speed cable assemblies, analyze data, identify critical-to-quality aspects of product design and manufacturing process; perform root cause and corrective action analysis as well as write reports to summarize findings.
- Lead multifunctional teams to design automated production test systems for cable assembly products. Help in maintaining records for project execution, schedule, and budget. Lead in completing overall test system design and review activities, including mechanical fixture design, PCB design review, hardware integration, software development, system documentation, performance testing and characterization, etc.
- Create and execute test plans, conduct software reviews, perform system verification and validation tasks, as well as analyze failure modes, resolve issues, and document results.
- Create product and test system documentation, specifications, and work instructions.
- Understand, support, and contribute to Molex TQM and Quality / Environmental Management Systems by following company’s approved policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/ Computer /System Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of progressive engineering experience with a strong understanding of product development and/or testing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with programming languages such as Python, LabView, C#, and C/C++.
- Ability to apply computer programming concepts to solve complex problems in a variety of programming environments.
- Preferably, experience with RF/Microwave test and measurement equipment such as VNAs, oscilloscopes, TDR modules, and bit error rate testers, etc.
- Preferably, working knowledge of transmission line applications, characteristic impedance, eye diagrams, frequency- and time-domain analysis, cross talk, bit error rate testing, etc.