COMPLEX MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Complex Maintenance Manager - Camden, TX
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a qualified Complex Maintenance Manager for their Plywood and Lumber facility in Camden, TX. The Complex Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading and supporting reliability and maintenance within the operation. The selected candidate will be a technical resource that provides and shares expertise of equipment, options to improve maintenance and operating practices, and opportunities to advance use of technology. This role will be responsible for managing numerous reliability improvement initiatives and projects to achieve desired results. The role will actively interface with all levels of the organization within the facility and groups outside the facility.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Drive the Path to Zero Safety Culture through team discussions and On the Floor examples.
- Improve and lead the maintenance organization, designing and implementing long-term continuous improvement applications and systems to enhance the longevity of the site’s equipment.
- Tie off KPI’s and other Key Metrics with the performance of the Maintenance Team.
- Lead and support continuous improvement processes through decision making, employee involvement, systems, and training.
- Meet and exceed objectives and metrics for safety, cost, and productivity performance. Utilize our systems to execute. (MP2, Work Process, Ariba, ect.)
- Responsible for maintaining records associated with mechanical integrity.
- Responsible for operating with an annual maintenance budget.
- Lead development of skills and knowledge in the Maintenance Department
- Understand and utilize the MBM® Guiding Principles in all interactions with all Mill team members, GP team members, vendors, visitors etc.
- Monitor key reliability measures and establish additional measures as needed.
- Lead/participate in the RCA process to identify and drive out long-term chronic problems and failures.
- Track RCA recommendations and ensure they are completed.
- Coordinate handoffs to the Division Reliability capability.
- Work with Production management members to develop and improve PM inspection routes and systems.
- Lead efforts to promote operator equipment ownership through operator essential care program.
- Actively participate in planning and executing outages for the facility
- Lead continuous improvement efforts. Use Decision Making Framework to advance beneficial projects for full funding.
- Provide leadership to meet/exceed key operation targets and daily support to the operating area as needed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of experience within the Wood Products industry as a Maintenance Supervisor/ Manager or Reliability Manager
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience in industrial manufacturing or military environment.
- Must have experience in leading improvement efforts in Maintenance Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Experience routinely utilizing Root Cause Analysis or other similar problem-solving tools.
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to be called out, or work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
IND-GP-OPS Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf