Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring for Production Supervisors at the Dubuque, IA corrugated packaging plant. The ideal candidate will demonstrate safety as a value, and lead a crew of 20-30 employees to exceed production expectations for the shift. The candidate must be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and quality.
Shifts available: 2nd (3:00PM-11:00PM) & 3rd (11:00PM-7:00AM)
Check out these videos/links to learn more about the Corrugated Business at Georgia-Pacific:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees.
- Lead crew to attain and exceed production goals.
- Effectively communicate to production, support and management.
- Promote a culture where safety becomes everyone’s core value.
- Provide coaching and training to further advance the crews; ability, quality and output performance. Also address key issues and concerns with employee development.
- Work with maintenance and crew to maintain and sustain overall equipment effectiveness.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory, lead, and/or military leadership role
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work off shift, including holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- 1+ years experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel (create/modify spreadsheets), Word (create/modify documents) in a work environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in corrugated packaging, folding carton or containerboard industry
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing or related field
- Experience using a corrugated production system such as Amtech or Kiwi
- Lean Six Sigma training
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf