Based in Brandon, Manitoba, Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC’s operations have been producing agricultural fertilizer products since 1967. We synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 270 dedicated team members. At KFCU, our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all our processes.
A subsidiary of Koch Industries Inc., one of the world’s largest private companies, Koch Fertilizer’s global operations leverage Market-Based Management® to create long-term value for customers and society. By focusing on long-term value creation, we promote a challenging and rewarding environment for our professional and highly respected employees.
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual to join the Transportation team to contribute to the organization’s value creation capabilities. This role offers a fast-paced working environment and opportunities for career development within our growing organization!
In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, successful applicants will be hired into this position at ‘L’ rate (currently$24.57/hour). All overtime is paid at double time. This position may follow a shift rotation schedule within our 24/7 operation.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Load trucks and rail cars with finished products for distribution
- Operate and monitor irrigation equipment
- Operate farm tractors, portable and stationary pumps
- Lay out, remove, and maintain irrigation pipes
- Perform grass cutting with push mowers, trimmers, and ride-on mowers
- Perform general yard maintenance and clean up
- Operate pay loaders in dry-loading area as required
- Adhere to all safety measures and procedures
- Assist with aspects of plant operations and other related duties as required
- Utilize communication (verbal & written) and computer skills
- Demonstrate initiative, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Perform detailed tasks with satisfactory attitude and job performance
- Demonstrate organization and time management skills with a high level of integrity and professionalism
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to operate equipment in an industrial environment
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, work at heights
- Ability to pass pulmonary breathing test and wear gas mask-type respirator and PPE
- Tolerance to fumes and airborne particles (occasional exposure)
- Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant
- Availability for shift work and emergency call out
- Ability to travel to and enter site and access equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4th class power engineering certificate
- Valid class five (5) driver's license
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC Offers a full extended benefits package including health and dental coverage, pension and subsidized investment options, as well as nationally-competitive wages in an environment that is committed to success!