Koch Carbon, LLC is seeking a Project Engineer to join our team in Wichita, KS. The successful candidate will be part of a project management team for capital asset projects support that could range from $1-50 million in size, and for general operations technical support. The Project Engineer will have the opportunity to support a growing company on projects across several regions of the US and have the chance for career development into operations management. The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Project conceptual development
- Front end engineering
- Construction management and cost/schedule management
- Technical support to terminal operations for troubleshooting, equipment reliability, and operational improvements
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Ability to enter plant operating sites to access and inspect equipment. Inspections will include utilizing ladders and platforms in excess of 100ft, entering confined spaces and be capable of utilizing all required personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, or inclement weather conditions
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in project management
- Experience in bulk material handling
- Experience with engineering, operations, or maintenance of mechanical equipment such as conveyors, loading equipment, pumps, etc.
- Operations and maintenance experience
- Proficient in the knowledge or use of project management software such as CAD, MS Project, Primavera
Koch Minerals and Trading, LLC and its subsidiaries are among the world's largest dry-bulk commodity handlers, serving over 900 customers in the power generation and chemical industrial sectors and municipalities. Koch Minerals and Trading, LLC also markets and trades more than 40 million tons of product annually. Subsidiaries include:
Koch Carbon, LLC globally trades and transports petroleum coke, coal, cement, pulp and paper, sulfur and other related commodities through a network of bulk terminals in the United States and Europe.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship